Divorce can be challenging, and it can be messy. At the Law Office of Charles J. Morris, Jr., we strive to minimize the trauma and to ensure that the process is as seamless for our clients as possible. You are going through enough — let us take care of the legal details so that you can focus on your family and your own emotional needs during this difficult time. Our divorce attorney team understands how to navigate divorce and family law matters, including child support, child custody, spousal support, and more.
- Why Choose Our Divorce Attorney?
- 25+ Years of Family Law Experience
- Personalized Representation & Award-Winning Counsel
- Voted "Top Attorney" by Los Angeles Magazine
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Whether you need help with legal separation, divorce mediation, or other family law matters, give us a call today at (626) 587-2677 to request your FREE 30-minute consultation.
We want you to be able to move forward from your present circumstances with confidence. In order to help you achieve this goal, we are intentional about prioritizing you and your needs. Our attorney, Charles J. Morris, Jr., delivers personal care and representation to every single client. Your case receives direct attention from our Board Certified expert, not an inexperienced assistant.
As a law firm, our priorities and objectives include:
- Ensuring efficiency while moving toward a resolution: We work hard and go the extra mile to minimize the amount of time it takes to conclude a divorce.
- Helping clients set their priorities: With more than 25 years of experience behind us, we know how to help each client set priorities in order to orient his or her course toward the best possible outcome.
- Preparing clients for the future: Our desire to proactively defend our clients’ interests extends past the duration of their cases. We also work hard to help our clients know what to expect and to develop skills necessary to minimize any future fallouts and costs.
Types of Divorce Cases We Handle
There are several different types of divorce that may be considered, depending on your circumstances. Our legal team can help you evaluate your situation and move forward with the most efficient and effective option.
- Contested Divorce: In a contested divorce, the parties cannot agree on the terms of the divorce, or perhaps about the divorce in the first place. This requires significant mediation and creates the potential for a trial, where a judge will make the final ruling about the terms.
- Uncontested Divorce: When both parties simply want to peaceably dissolve their marriage, an uncontested divorce is typically a good fit. The parties are able to come to an agreement on terms like spousal support, child support, custody, and other details without court intervention.
- Same-Sex Divorce: The State of California recognizes no-fault divorces for same-sex couples. If you or your spouse have lived in the state for 6 months before requesting a divorce and one spouse has lived in the county for at least 3 months where you will file for divorce, you are eligible for divorce. If you don’t meet these requirements, you still have other options.
Pursue Resolution with a Trusted Divorce Attorney
Mr. Morris offers a personal, caring approach to family law, due in part to his background as a Chaplain in the U.S. Air Force. His experiences counseling and encouraging others as they work through difficult circumstances enable him to provide legal counsel that is designed to bring about the best possible outcome on behalf of his clients.
Whatever your circumstances, the benefits of having a skilled and experienced divorce attorney involved are many. With more than 25 years of experience, Attorney Charles Morris can walk you through your options and pursue a favorable outcome on your behalf. He also maintains a 10.0 rating on AVVO and is highly regarded by the surrounding legal community. With the Law Office of Charles J. Morris, Jr. on your side, you can rest easy, knowing that your rights will be fought for and that every detail will be taken care of by a skilled family law attorney.
Find out if we are the right fit for you by contacting us at (626) 587-2677 today and requesting your free 30-minute consultation.